Friday 21 December 2012

Rainbow

For the first time i am posting what i wore, colourful shirt to work.

This was the best shot in the morning.Photographer: sleepy 5 years old Merredie


The shirt has been taking up the space in the closet for almost 3years,i bought it because i loved the colours and i didn't wear it with the same reason.Second day back to work after my break, i decided to wear something other than black and dark blue, something reminds me of rainbow, something colourful, something which can brighten my day...and surprisingly it still fit .

I don't remember when was the last time i seen the rainbow, back in primary school perhaps. And i almost forgotten the excitement when i saw the rainbow, my thought at that moment was i am going to see that everyday, what is there to be excited about. And then years after years, i haven't seen one, or i haven't really look up and search for the rainbow once brought curiosity and the little happiness. Life too busy passing by, when there was time to slow down, i would rather curl up in my bed or the sofa, not wanting to go out and see the nature that God created. I remember those days when i first started my career in the operating theatre, i had nightmares most of the nights, it was so depressing as went to work in the early morning when the sky was  still dark, and it was still dark when stepping out from work, where comes the rainbow? 

We have to put up with the rain before the rainbow, aren't we?  Life has been generous to me, eventhough those days were like rainy days,everyday. I stumbled, i fell and i learned to pick myself up, and the wound healed pretty fast.  And now, i remind myself each day not to lose sight of the reason in the journey of life, and never missed a chance to see the rainbow on the way.


"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow."  - Douglas Pagels