Saturday 15 December 2012

Neither an artist nor a writer

I am not born an artist nor a writer, and i was not trained later on to be an artist nor a writer.
Started to get interested in writting when i was about 11years old, when i scored the highest mark in essay writting back in primary school. I started writting in chinese since then, and stopped at age of 17years old as i was leaving to the city to persue my studies.  It was indeed a huge change for me because people communicate in English in college. I was all the while mandarin speaking, it took me a real long hard time to learn,by myself.

Read a quote from Stephen King- "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that."      Yes, i do totally agreed with that. I should read as hard as i write. The first English book that i read was James Patterson's Cat and Mouse. It was a good read and i still fall for his stories till now.

    
http://thefoundingfields.com/2011/08/cat-and-mouse-by-james-patterson-review-bane-of-kings/


“One day, I shall explode like an artillery shell and all my bits will be found on the writing table.”
― Gustave Flaubert






No comments:

Post a Comment